How – To
After designing my Potting Table quilt, I decided that it was finally time to tackle Bias Tape Appliqué – I just couldn’t pull off the design without it and it was long overdue! Today, I want to share one piece of the process with you in a new video tutorial on Invisible Machine Stitch Appliqué.
Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you choose to click on and purchase through some of these links that I will receive a small commission. This in no way adds to your cost and is how I can afford to keep providing you with fantastic and free content! Thanks for your support.
Bias tape appliqué and invisible machine stitch are like best friends – I think they play SO nicely together and I just love the final product. I’ll be posting about bias tape appliqué later down the road, but for today, check out my new video on Invisible Machine Stitch Appliqué!
All good projects start with a supply list! For this technique you’ll need:
- Some cute fabric for the appliqué piece (this can be folded over with a bias tape maker or can be any shape, as long as the edges are folded under – check out my favorite method here!)
- Cute fabric for the background
- Stitch-n-tear Stabilizer
- Monofilament thread (I HIGHLY suggest Superior Threads)
- Cotton Bobbin (ideally this will match your cute appliqué fabric)
Important to Know
There are always a few tricks of the trade to know before getting started on a technique like this:
- When using Monofilament thread in the top, ALWAYS use a cotton thread in the bobbin.
- While I’m not always very brand loyal, I have always had great success with the Superior Threads brand of monofilament thread.
- Superior offers a clear and smoke color. Purchase keeping the shade of fabrics that you’re working with in mind.
See!? Isn’t that just the bee’s knees?
Loved that Quilt?!
Me too! Make sure to check out all the details on my Potting Table Block of the Month Club!
Join My BOM Club and Get…
✔️ 1 quilt block pattern per month
delivered to your email
✔️ Member-only tutorials
✔️ Monthly quilty prizes
2 chances to win for every block you finish
✔️ Access to my private Facebook group,
just for BOMers
…for just $5 a month!